Monday, September 22, 2008

Here's a little autobiography for ya

Well, I guess I should give an update for my long-lost friends before I start posting my daily thoughts about the book of the week (this week it is Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers) or whatever else is on my mind.

Brad and I have been married over three years. Part of me can't believe it has already been three years. I remember our wedding and honeymoon like it was just a couple of months ago. The other part of me can't believe it's ONLY been three years. It seems like we've been together forever and ever with no beginning. It's like I can't remember ever living before he entered my life. Interesting. Anyway, he's the love of my life, my perfect other half, and I can't imagine a day without him. Okay, I know, you can go ahead and gag if you want to. I'm just still so twitterpated. People didn't think my crush would survive our 18 month engagement. Looks like it has and then some. :)

We are living in Nashville and loving it. I'm working the front desk at an incredible accounting firm where I am surrounded by great, Christian workers. Too bad I have to dress up every day. Boo. Brad is a Financial Advisor for Edward Jones, and excelling quicker than expected. What's new? He should open his own office by the end of the year. And if you're wondering, he has to dress up every day, too. Only he has to wear suits and ties. I guess I've got it a little easier.

We don't have any kids yet, but our happy family includes our incredible dog, Chester. He's a Havanese, and the best dog in America. He's also the cutest, see? He's 2 1/2 years old, and still has the energy of a puppy. We play tag and hide-and-seek through our apartment quite often. Chester's about as happy as we are that the weather is cooling down. He loves to hang out on the balcony and watch the people and cars go by.

Brad and I have found an incredible church in Nashville to be a part of, the Tusculum church of Christ. Thanks mostly to this congregation, Nashville has become everything I always thought it would be. We have a great group of friends and wonderful, godly examples to look up to. We're, of course, involved in various activities, classes, and ministries throughout the year. It keeps us busy as well as spiritually fed. This church home is always on the top of our list of blessings we are thankful for.

That's about it for a general update. I'm sure we'll get more specific as the blog goes on. In the mean time, pray for Brad. He's currently in St. Louis for the week doing the last leg of his EdJones training. Hopefully he won't get mugged in the "most dangerous city in America." ;)

2 comments:

Chara said...

You know, I think Chester might actually be the best dog in America. Or maybe that's the incredible amount of icing I've consumed doing the talking.

Anonymous said...

Mindy,

I am so proud of the young woman you've grown to be. I can remember so clearly what you were like as a little girl. You were like my little shadow that I was ever so proud to have around. You were constantly upset that Richard was still your brother and still had to be in the same household as you. LOL. I can remember the boys that you would have the secret crushes on and think the world was ending when the "break-up" would occur. Now look at you, blessed with the best husband in the world and the best dog. Although, I would have to say Todd and Kita can give Brad and Chester and pretty good run for the titles! LOL. I really enjoyed reading your blog and wanted to let you know that you did an incredible job on it! I too love fall and the colors. It is Todd's favorite season as well but only because he likes to slaughter deer. UGH! I just want to let you know that I love you and am so proud to have the memories of you that I do. I look foward to watching you continue to grow and prosper in your wonderful life the two of you have created!

Related Posts with Thumbnails