Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
- Brad, my amazing husband
- My loving family - immediate, extended, and in-law
- Tusculum church of Christ
- The avenue of Prayer
- Chester, my dog
- Each of my relationships
- Our apartment
- Two reliable vehicles
- Warm coats, gloves, and scarves in this cold weather
- My great job with wonderful people
- My health
- My Life Group
- Encouragement and Support
- My cell phone
- Enough money to purchase the things we need, and even some things we want
- The abilities to walk, see, hear, talk, read, and think normally
- Good examples
- God finding ways to speak to me through friends, books, songs, conversations, nature, etc.
- Changing seasons
- My digital camera
- Trials in my past that have prepared me for the future and helped me to become the woman I am today, and current trials that will continue to strengthen my Walk in Christ
- This free nation
- Hugs and kisses
- Abundant clean and running water
- My college degree
- Grace and Mercy,
- Rain... and Snow
- Lunch dates
- A closet full of clothes to choose from each morning, even if they aren't the latest trends or styles I'd prefer
- God's Word
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places
Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Besides, if I change the blog around now, that will leave me plenty of time to squeeze a couple different Christmas templates in before the holiday season is over! :)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Thank you to all our veterans and men and women who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces. You are continually in my prayers.
But what good is a birthday celebration or birthday cake, without great friends to share it with? So, we had the Howell's and Mitchell's over to give him a proper induction into the next quarter-century of his life. We had a great time visiting and watching a movie. Brad, however, fell asleep before the movie was even over. Turns out he really is getting old.
Monday, November 10, 2008
But Brad is right. I need to reel myself in a bit. Just because Walmart wants to boost their sales by marketing for Christmas the first week in November in hopes that they'll rope crazies like me into a buying frenzy, doesn't mean I should give in to the temptation. I love fall way too much to not savor every moment of it. And I respect the Thanksgiving holiday enough to give it the honor it deserves. With that in mind, I'll do everything I can to hold off the Christmas itch until after (or at least closer to) Thanksgiving. We'll see how long I can go before I give the blog a Christmas facelift!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
We are very blessed at Tusculum to have an incredible pulpit minister. Steve is able to preach in a way that seems like he's having a conversation with you over a coffee table. He preaches on relevant topics, talks on even my level, and incorporates movies and other visuals into many of his sermons.