Monday, November 24, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I am reminded to count my blessings. And, oh do I have many! God has blessed me so richly. He has redeemed my soul through the blood of His son. Every other blessing is just icing on a cake that I didn't deserve in the first place. Here's a nonexhaustive list of things I am thankful for this year, in no particular order:
  1. Brad, my amazing husband
  2. My loving family - immediate, extended, and in-law
  3. Tusculum church of Christ
  4. The avenue of Prayer
  5. Chester, my dog
  6. Each of my relationships
  7. Our apartment
  8. Two reliable vehicles
  9. Warm coats, gloves, and scarves in this cold weather
  10. My great job with wonderful people
  11. My health
  12. My Life Group
  13. Encouragement and Support
  14. My cell phone
  15. Enough money to purchase the things we need, and even some things we want
  16. The abilities to walk, see, hear, talk, read, and think normally
  17. Forgiveness
  18. Good examples
  19. God finding ways to speak to me through friends, books, songs, conversations, nature, etc.
  20. Changing seasons
  21. My digital camera
  22. Rest
  23. Trials in my past that have prepared me for the future and helped me to become the woman I am today, and current trials that will continue to strengthen my Walk in Christ
  24. This free nation
  25. Hugs and kisses
  26. Computers
  27. Abundant clean and running water
  28. My college degree
  29. Grace and Mercy,
  30. Rain... and Snow
  31. Lunch dates
  32. A closet full of clothes to choose from each morning, even if they aren't the latest trends or styles I'd prefer
  33. Memories
  34. Honesty
  35. God's Word

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.

Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Erin Howell said...

horn of plenty and Christmas? loser...
miss you tons already!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails