Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Time is Nearly Here

It's officially Christmas decorating time. Walmart says so. And we all know that they are the authority on such matters! When Brad and I stopped in to perform our monthly Walmart run, we noticed that they are even playing Christmas music already!! That pretty much provided all the permission I needed to roll out the Holiday Storage!

Now, don't get me wrong. I'll be sad to see the pumpkins go, and I'm in no hurry to bypass Thanksgiving without a second glance. But, I am so anxious to set up for the Christmas season. I'm ready for snowmen, Santas, red and green sparkly things, wrapped gifts, little village scenes, ornaments, stockings, Christmas movies, and around-the-clock Christmas music on Mix 92.9!

But Brad is right. I need to reel myself in a bit. Just because Walmart wants to boost their sales by marketing for Christmas the first week in November in hopes that they'll rope crazies like me into a buying frenzy, doesn't mean I should give in to the temptation. I love fall way too much to not savor every moment of it. And I respect the Thanksgiving holiday enough to give it the honor it deserves. With that in mind, I'll do everything I can to hold off the Christmas itch until after (or at least closer to) Thanksgiving. We'll see how long I can go before I give the blog a Christmas facelift!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails