Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Fall!!

Yahoo! October is here! Happy Autumn! Welcome Great Pumpkin! It's time for fall leaves and football weather!

I can't express how excited I am for the season to change. It makes me happy all the way to the inside of my stomach. The open windows and fall decorations give me a sense of calm and peace (that can only be matched by glowing Christmas lights). I'm so anxious to store my flip-flops for the winter and break out my hoodies and sweaters! Thanks to my brother's lifetime of football playing when I was younger, the fall season will always be classified as "football weather" to me. As a result, I've even found myself getting excited about the sport this year! Go Titans, 4-0!

We're going to my parents' house this weekend and meeting my brother and his family there. Mom mentioned making caramel apples and having a bonfire in the back yard for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs. I believe it can't get much better than that.

I have to admit, I've never seen "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," but I believe that Linus's sentiments in the above picture accurately reflect mine. I have every intention of watching all of the Charlie Brown holiday specials by the end of the year. I'd even venture to bet that a future blog will mention "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Anyway, I don't want to jump ahead to the Christmas season (although I'm soooo excited for Christmas!), because I'm not nearly ready to see Fall go by.

I hope you enjoy my new blog setup while it lasts. I know I thoroughly enjoy my new "Autumn Scene" desktop background. While I was searching for my new background, I saw so many beautiful Fall moments. I thought I'd share some with you. For your viewing pleasure...






One more little one to laugh at. :)

4 comments:

mllsecretary said...

Mindy,

I love the article, love the web site and look forward to hearing your thoughts. I can't wait for the weekend and believe I can smell the fire already. And yes go Titans... maybe Brad and I can somewhat, a little bit, at least not hate, the teams each other roots for.

Mom
PS have you shared this link with the rest of the family?

Cristin Claire said...

You totally explained the Fall season the same way I would. Once October hits, I become a new person. Ever since I got out of school I haven't been the biggest fan of summer since I'm stuck inside an office all day and never get to see the sun : ) But there's something about the Fall that is so refreshing to me. Looks for a blog on Fall coming on Cristin's site soon too!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, there, friend! I am enjoying your blog and looking forward to more to come. Thanks for adding me on your prayer list!

Love, LOVE the fall photos. Of course. I am on the hunt to find beautiful trees for my bridal portraits soon. (I told Starla that I don't mind not having any pictures ready to display at the wedding...just as long as I have a stunning background for the shots.) So far, nothing yet, but I have a feeling that the next few weeks will bring some gorgeous trees that would very much enjoy being the backdrop behind an autumn bride. Keep your fingers crossed!

Love you! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Shelly Pruitt said...

I love your blog...so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails