Friday, April 23, 2010

Behind the Busy Season

Here's what you've missed over the last couple of months while I was busy with Tax Season. Join me as we fast forward through the most recent events:

Some of my girlfriends celebrated our 2nd Annual Girls' Night Out, complete with dinner at Red Robin's and a movie. (However, this year, we decided to leave out the falling down the theater steps. Thank goodness.) We got together and watched Alice in Wonderland in 3D. It was pretty awesome. I'm generally a little skeptical of Tim Burton, just because he's so strange, but this movie was incredible. The visual effects were stunning. So many times, I caught myself thinking, "How in the world did they pull that off??" Oh yeah, and the entire cast (especially Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter) are wonderful. If you still haven't seen it, I totally recommend it.


Over Easter weekend, we had a nice visit from some Metcalfs. Even though I had to work the whole time, they kept quite busy with Easter Egg Hunts and visits to the park. The boys (including Clinton) worked on our new Tahoe to get some things working, while Rachel "picked flower (dandelions) for her wedding." Seriously, these kids are the cutest things I've ever seen! It was awesome to get to hang out with (and show off our new house to) TJ & Jennie and their family, my dad, and also my brother Richard, whom I honestly don't believe I've legitimately visited with for years now. Why have we never been in the same place at the same time?? I am so thankful for some new memories together.


In addition to some time spend with my family in Nashville, we spent some time with Brad's family back up in Indiana. His dad turned the big 5-0 this month, and his (crazy) family planned an extensive surprise birthday party to celebrate the momentous occasion. It was fully equipped with black balloons, black roses, age-appropriate toilettries, various t-shirts with his head photo-shopped onto his multiple characterizations, a "Truth Or Lie about Don Mehaffey" game, and some hilariously embarrassing stories of him growing up. All of the adorable pictures of him as a child didn't sway anyone away from viciously making fun of him in front of everybody. It was awesome. His siblings did a great job planning and organizing, and his sons did a decent job stalling him while we executed the plan. I do believe this is one birthday that Don won't soon forget. Oh wait, he's old now. There's a good chance he already doesn't remember any of it. It's a good thing we took some pictures...


And that's what you missed during Busy Season. Sorry it was such a quick recap, but I had to get caught up ASAP, so I could move on forward. I can't wait to show you what all we've done with our house!!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Can't wait to see pics of the house!

Audrey

Erin Howell said...

oooh movie night.. wish I could have been there. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails