Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Girls' Night Out

What could possibly be better than a classic girls' night? Well, a mega girls' night that includes over 20 of your favorite friends, your all-time-favorite burger joint, and a great chick flick, of course! You see, in our group, we have quite a few babies on the way; a couple of which are really on their way. So, last night, "The Girls" organized a get together to enjoy some much needed pre-infant bonding time.

Our night commenced with a group meal at Red Robin, which is quite possibly the greatest restaurant of all time. For real. They are known for their gourmet burgers (with unusual toppings such as guacamole and fried eggs) and their bottomless steak fries. Yeah, you heard me right. Bottomless.steak.fries. I couldn't resist the traditional (also) Bottomless Freckled Lemonade. I eventually drank 4 of them, and didn't allow a single strawberry go to waste. The service was incredible, and they even provided us with a variety of appetizers free of charge! We decided they offered us the free food to keep our large party quieter while they prepared our meals. I'm not quite sure if it worked or not! After we were all stuffed to the gills and lugging around overflowing to-go boxes (left overs, thanks to those filling appetizers), we headed just across the street to the brand new cinema. We interrupted the last of the previews as we piled into the dark theater to watch "He's Just Not That Into You." All of the girls laughed and cried, and then laughed some more when they saw some klutz (yours truly) make a fool of herself as she fell down the stairs in the middle of the movie on the way to the restroom. Haha! So much entertainment jam-packed into one night! (FYI, I went straight from my job and was still in my work clothes. One of my heels got caught on the step, and I tumbled forward. No major injuries - just some scrapes and bruises on my ankles and knees... but mostly to my ego.)

After the movie, we all gathered in the lobby by the fountain for a group shot. A nice concessions boy offered to take the picture, and he didn't even run away when it took us 10 minutes to get situated, or when 3 different girls shoved their cameras into his hands. Thanks, concessions guy! However, even after the photo, the majority of us lagged behind for another 30 - 45 minutes talking and enjoying each other's company. If the Cinema people were glad to see us go, they didn't show it until after the last of us was safely out in the parking lot searching for her car.
I pretty much have the greatest group of girlfriends in the world. I really am so blessed.

5 comments:

{darlene} said...

this looks like soooo much fun! and what a great big group you have.
but I gotta ask you? are you okay??? any bruises from your front-and-center stair tumble?

Mindy said...

Haha, I'm actually pretty sore today! But just a few scrapes, no real blood. Mostly hurt my pride! Haha!

suburbangranola said...

We are blessed with some amazing girlfriends aren't we?
And I really feel bad about not checking on you when you fell. You were laughing so I assumed you were OK. You are such a good sport! I can't wait for next time!!

Cristin Claire said...

You took the words right out of my mouth! I LOVED girls night this week, and I too feel extremely blessed to have all of these awesome ladies in my life!

The fall- scary at first but hilarious when you started to laugh.

The movie- precious after they fixed that one storyline!!!

Ladybird said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love Red Robin and the speckled lemonade is my fav! Cute site!

Related Posts with Thumbnails