Friday, March 27, 2009

Hammers and Nails

I'm on a mission. A mission to get this house decorated. I want pictures framed and frames hung. I feel like once that happens, it'll be a real home. (And we'll just be waiting on those curtains and blinds, which will hopefully be put up this weekend!) Look how authentic we are with our little name plaque declaring our residence. We're officially a family!

Look at everything else we've been hanging up lately. You'll be proud to know that I, personally, hammered a few nails (with the end of a screwdriver since our hammer is still at the apartment) and hung some of these things up all by my lil' self!

We still have a few more things to hang, including all of the Cubs / Baseball memorabilia in the office. The most pressing project, however, is our hallway. It is my firm belief that every house much have a hallway to display all of their family and friends. What other purpose could a hallway have? But look how empty ours is!

In an effort to remedy this tragic situation, I have embarked on the Picture Framing Mission of '09. I printed over 100 pictures off and am painstakingly placing the best of the best in perfect frames to be strategically placed on the hallway wall. I was sprawled all over the floor past midnight last night working on the task, and will continue tonight to hopefully complete the most important project before we host this week's Life Group meeting, Sunday evening..

I take a billion-gajillion pictures all the time, but always leave them in electronic form and never print them off. I forgot how rewarding it can be to actually hold a copy of your greatest memories in your hands and relive those moments within your fingertips! One thing is for sure, when people walk into our home, they will know, right away, how blessed we are with wonderful family and friends!

If you want to see more pictures of our pictures, you can check out our New House, Post Move photo album. It's constantly being updated with any upgrades and revisions to our home. Remember, the most recent uploads are at the end of the album.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails