Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day!

Well. I believe I have made it through my first tax season.

Barely.

But, I survived. It was a little more overwhelming than I anticipated, even though I was sufficiently forewarned. I just had no idea what to expect. I stayed and helped during the late nights (9:00 most nights, midnight on the 14th - but still not nearly as late or as often as the real accountants!), talked with so many clients over the last few days that I literally lost my voice, and, worst of all, I neglected my blog. But it's all over with now, and I'm proud to say that I didn't get one single paper cut while processing all of those tax returns.

The firm is closed tomorrow, as it is the 16th of April every year, to provide a little rest for the weary. Brad was able to use one of his vacation days, and he took the day off work tomorrow, as well. We're sleeping until 9:00 (at least), and then going to the Nashville Zoo for the first time, ever. I'm so excited to spend some stress free time with my beloved.

By the way, in case you're wondering how incredibly incredible he is, check these out:
He definitely wins the Best Husband of Tax Season '09 Award. Don't you think?

3 comments:

Jay Arnett said...

Hooray for you!!

suburbangranola said...

Good Job! Love the flowers!

Erin Howell said...

Yay for being done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails