Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Big, Baby Brother

Late last month, my little bigger, baby brother, Trevor, came to visit for a few days. I moved away to college when he was only eleven years old, so I haven't really had much of a chance to get to know him very well as a young man. And since we live so far apart, we don't have the opportunity to see each other very often.


It was so nice to have him visit and be able to just spend some time hanging out together. (Even though, I'm pretty sure our friends and Bra and I are totally old and lame compared to what he's used to!) In an attempt to earn some street cred with the hipster, Brad and I took him downtown to enjoy some of Music City's finest.



It didn't take much to turn him into a genuine country cowboy; a hat and boots and the whole deal. He even bought an authentic Johnny Cash album from Ernest Tubb's record shop. That's about as legit as it comes 'round these parts.


Honestly, I hadn't realized how much I've missed Trevor. It only took an impromptu visit to remind me of how much fun he is to be around. We spent the entire time he was here enjoying each other's company, laughing at each other (and at Madea), and just talking about life. And best of all, I can totally see God working in him, and it's so encouraging. :)

Every once in a while, it's nice to remember that I'm a big (even if littler) sister. I kind of underestimate the influence I may have on my younger brother(s), as well as the influence they can have on me. We should probably make a point to visit with each other more often in the future. After all, God gave us family for a reason. I'm jussayin.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails