Monday, November 7, 2011

Running across the state

This past weekend, Brad joined a twelve-person team as they ran from Chattanooga to Nashville. Yeah, you read that right. They ran from Chattanooga to Nashville. Obviously, they're crazy.


The annual race is called the Ragnar Relay, and they each take turns running three different legs of the course. They were split up into two group of six runners, and one van would rest/eat/drive while members of the other van consecutively ran their sections. At each exchange, they passed off the baton slap bracelet so the next person could start his/her portion of the relay.


Someone from their team was running every minute for the 30+ hours it took them to arrive in downtown Nashville. Brad's middle run was at 2:30 in the morning. Like I said, these people are crazy.


I've never even heard of people doing such a thing. Who just sits up and thinks, "Gee. I sure would like to take a jog from Chattanooga to Nashville and enjoy the autumn scenery"?  But I can tell you this: I can somewhat understand the sense of accomplishment they must feel. I was tearing up simply watching them run (as a whole team) across the finish line along Nashville's riverfront.

 

I'm so proud of Brad. He trained really hard for this race, kept a faster pace than he expected throughout the entire thing, and helped his team complete the course quicker than they projected. He definitely deserves that medal that so appropriately displays their slogan, "Run. Drive. Sleep? Repeat." Even if he is crazy.

3 comments:

Dad said...

If I were wearing a hat, I would take it off to Brad and the others. WAY TO GO, BRAD!!!

Stacey said...

So awesome! :)

Kristen said...

I cannot imagine doing that! I don't understand it, but I'm highly impressed with the people who can do it. =) Way to go, Brad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails