Thursday, November 10, 2011

Carving pumpkins, sibling style

While my brother was visiting last month, we took the opportunity to carve a few jack-o-lanterns. Can you believe that Trevor has never carved a pumpkin before?? Oh, that just will not do!


If you're with the Mehaffeys in the month of October,  you're going to adhere to our strict Halloween traditions. No fall is complete without carving a pumpkin! (Or the annual eat-the-pumpkin-goop-from-the-super-scooper-picture.)


For it being Tevo's first stab at carving (ha, see what I did there?), I have to say, I do believe he did a fabulous job! I especially enjoyed both of our attempts at reinacting our pumpkins' facial expressions. Trevor perfectly duplicated that one eye bigger than the other thing. He's a natural.


I love the way they look, glowing in the dark.


Carving pumpkins is one of my favorite fall activities. It was great to get to share this year's experience w/ my brother. I'm so glad I could be the first one to introduce him to the joys of gutting a fruit and drawing silly faces on it.

BTW, Brad oh-so-graciously "donated" his pumpkin to Trevor. Somehow, he didn't seem all that disappointed to be missing out on the awesome tradition. Hmm. His loss.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Pretty good job, I think!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails