Monday, January 31, 2011

Heavenly kisses

[pic via]
Okay, I'm not saying that all of my recent grumpiness has been the result of cold, dark days, but I would totally argue that warm sunshine makes me so super much happier!

We had some absolutely beautiful weather this weekend, which served as a much needed reprieve from the dreary winter we've sustained thus far. I woke up Saturday (barely) morning to sunshine streaming through our blinds. And later that afternoon, I joined EmJ and Layla for a walk around the 'hood that resulted in the removal of my unneccesary sweater!

Last night, after a blessed, Spirit-filled Life Group with our Christian family, Brad and I drifted to sleep with our bedroom window opened wide, welcoming the precious gift of nice weather into our lives with prayers of thanksgiving on my lips. This morning, I woke up in the arms of the man I love, with the scent of fresh air clinging to the warm breeze filling our sunlit sanctuary bedroom. What a great way to begin the week.

God gives us new days, and they seem even more wonderful to me when He sends them to us with a kiss.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Love it. I was definitely in need of that beautiful sunshine and warm breeze on Saturday. Such a blessing!

BPremo said...

What?! :) You go to Life Group? I loooove the Life study and I'm leading a Life group this semester!
Maybe we'll see each other at retreat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails