Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Under Construction

This is what I unexpectedly found when I oh-so-nonchalantly showed up for work yesterday morning:


I had enjoyed a 5-day vacation to ring in the new year celebrate Christmas with visiting family, and was not at all prepared to find a demolished desk when I returned back to the office. I knew it was coming, but had no idea that they would have already made their way around the back of the office and up to the front lobby in my absence. I was under the impression that I'd have a couple more days to relocate my belongings and set up a makeshift desk before this phase of the remodel began.


But I'm not complaining too much. The lack of warning only meant that I didn't have to clear out my area; somebody else did all the work. Muwahahaha! And, since I legitimately didn't have a place to sit, they sent me home for the day! Aw shucks. A 6-day vacation? That was totally fine with me! Definitely no arguments here.


Today, however, has been a little nerve wracking. With the demolition in the lobby completed, the plastic (and flying sheet rock) have been removed from my desk, giving me a spot to work. But the reconstruction is out-of-control loud and stinky. The chaos is absolutely everywhere. The back is currently being repainted and recarpeted, so nobody has any place to go! I so can't wait for it to be all finished. Not only will it look spectacular, but it'll finally be peaceful again!

2 comments:

Uncle Allen said...

Patience patience my dear. All good things come with time.

Karen said...

When one of the offices I worked for did this same thing, me and 3 other employees were relocated to one teny tiny office where our desks got crammed together and (it probably violated every fire code). We had to crawl over top of furniture to get to our desks haha. It only lasted about 6 days though... But it was GREAT when we got into our new permanent homes within the office.

Related Posts with Thumbnails