Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

I hope you all have a great extended weekend!  Memorial Day, along with Independence Day, are some of my favorite holidays, because there are no obligations other than enjoying time with family. And the weekend's events oftentimes include gathering with people you love around a grill, which is my fave.

However, whatever you do this Memorial Day, try not to forget to actually remember what the holiday is truly about. We are so blessed to live in such a great nation. Let's give thanks to the One who gives all good things for the veterans who fought, especially those who have lost their lives, to defend what we take for granted every day. Those who really paid the price for our freedom..

With that being said, do you have any awesome plans for the trio of days off? Brad's working all weekend (overtime, holiday pay is hard to pass up), but my dad is coming down to spend the weekend with us! I'm so excited. I'm confident we'll have a Hill Ridge cookout in the street. Bring it on. Are you traveling and/or throwing open that grill, too?

2 comments:

Konis said...

Wow im totaly shock with the picture. God job with the blog page ^^. My english isnt good because im from Chile and i speak spanish, so i cant write to much (i dont have much vocabulary in english) U.U

Bye!!

Bradley Mehaffey said...

Hope my blog gets comments from people all the way in Chile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails