Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stupid Snow

Well, the snow was pretty. And fun. For a minute. Early Sunday morning, Brad and Trevor went to pick up the venison meat from the deer they had hit and field dressed. They had to go to the outside of town to pick it up, and drive on a windy road to get there. Trevor, a very careful driver, picked Brad up at his parents' house and headed out. Minutes later, while I was trying to snap pictures of Chester playing in the snow, Brad called. He said that he and Trevor were in an accident, but they are okay. Yeah, I wasn't that surprised. The snow was fresh, and the roads hadn't yet been properly cleared. Not a big deal. Then he said, "It's pretty bad, we hit a few trees." Gosh... where were they driving that they could hit a few trees when sliding around on the road. Weird. He went on, "But we're okay. I don't even think either one of us is bleeding..." Wait a minute. Why such a disclaimer?? How bad was this wreck?? When I arrived on the scene with my parents, my heart fell into my stomach. They easily could have been killed. I can't believe how close they came. Thank goodness they were wearing their seatbelts, which kept them in place even while upside down. God was truly watching over them. There is no other explanation for their survival.


Complete Wreck Album

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mindy, You do such a wonderful job on your blog. I am so thankful Brad and Trevor escaped unharmed. It was very scary!
Lesson learned: Always wear your seat belt!

Love,
Mark

Meagan said...

Soooooo thankful Trevor and Brad are okay. But that's so scary! and I hope insurance will take care of the costs to your mom's car. I love you much, maybe I'll make a trip down before your Christmas decorations are gone? I had a ton of fun last time, and I just miss ya. okay love you, give brad a hug for me!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy

suburbangranola said...

Reminds me of Proverbs 3
Don't be wise in your own eyes. Have respect for the Lord and avoid evil. That will bring health to your body.
Brad is a great example of that!
I am praising God with you for their safekeeping!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails