Friday, June 11, 2010

80's Flashback - The Fashion

This decade is known for many things, classic cartoons, TV shows, movies and music. To conclude our 80's blog series, we're going to focus on some of the most iconic images from the era - its fashion trends. Oh the horror of those styles! (I cannot believe that it's all starting to make a comeback!! Gag me with a spoon! {Man, that makes me want to do a post of 80's slang and phrases... Psych!})

Let's go down the list of the decade's distinct fashion trends, shall we?

There was the giant hair, fluorescent colors, acid wash jeans, slap bracelets, LA Gear, multiple slouch socks oppositely layered over stirrup pants, shoulder pads, parachute pants, bangles, hair scrunchies, leg warmers, banana clips, Jordache jeans, hyper color shirts, lycra bike shorts, and big belts cinching a giant shirt that hangs over tights that lead into your jellie shoes.

[pic from here]

I can't believe that we ever recovered from that hideous fashion. However, at the same time, I absolutely love it, in a "bless your heart" nostalgic sort of way. It's just so bad that it's good. If you're interested, here's a more extensive list of 80's fashion trends.

Thanks for joining me on this walk down memory lane! I hope you enjoyed this blog series reliving the now-vintage decade as much as I did! Now, go blare some Duran Duran while you tease your hair before you pop in your favorite John Hughes film, and have a great, retro weekend!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I really think you should have posted your glamour shots in honor of 80s fashion day :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails