Tuesday, June 8, 2010

80's Flashback - The TV Shows

Welcome to part 2 of our blog series honoring the 80's. Today, I want to go back to some of the best TV Shows from the bodacious era.

I loved Growing Pains. Especially once they brought in Cute Luke towards the end of the series. (Duh, he was a young Leo DiCaprio!)




Another one of my favorites was Who's the Boss?




The Wonder Years is quite possibly one of the best shows ever. Hands down. It's a combo of drama and comedy done to perfection, with just the right amount of fantasy sequences. It's like Scrubs, before Scrubs was Scrubs.




I was completely obsessed with Full House. Michelle was the cutest thing(s) ("You got it, Dude!"), and I thought Uncle Jesse was soooo cute! I never understood why my parents hated it so much - until I watched a few episodes as an adult! But that doesn't mean this motherless family didn't still define my childhood!




And, I've never personally watched MacGyver, but I hear he could save the world with a paper clip. And that he taught the current MacGruber everything he knows.




What was your favorite TV show from the 80's? Do you still stop to watch them if you happen upon a rerun?

4 comments:

Kristie said...

loved and still love the Cosby Show - it is now on Nick @ Night. :-)

Lindsey said...

I forgot about Growing Pains!! And where is Full House??

Mindy said...

Oh my, Lindsey! What was I thinking?! This was the most important show of my childhood!! Don't worry, it has been rectified. :)

Kristen said...

Loved all of these. Had the HUGEST crush on Kirk Cameron ever! And I had to laugh at the Full House thing. I loved watching it on Friday nights (TGIF!) but my parents didn't love it either. And watching it, yea, these many years later...wow. It's kinda ridiculous - but still nostalgic. ;)

Also loved The Cosby Show. To me, it's stood the test of time, which was what they were going for.

Related Posts with Thumbnails