Friday, June 18, 2010

Magic is Real!

Okay, I'm toooootally freaking out right now! Like, seriously, I'm a 12-year-old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert. Only it's better; I'm a muggle, and it's the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!


I can't get enough of this place! I can't believe it's real life!! I mean, this. is. real!!!!

You get to experience a Quidditch match, Hogwarts, and the Forbidden Forest on Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey ride. There are some roller coasters, too; the Dragon Challenge (two different, dueling dragon coasters) and the Flight of the Hippogriff. In Hogsmeade, you can drink Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks, purchase a wand at Ollivander's wand shop with Wandmaster Ollivander's personal assistance (it chooses you), then buy gags and tricks from Zonko's Joke Shop before you eat candy at Honeyduke's. Literally, Moaning Myrtle visits the girls' restroom and there is a 3D hologram of Dumbledore talking to you from his chambers! On your way out, you can buy souvenirs from Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods!


Oh my goodness, I'm freaking out so bad!! They incorporated so many aspects from the Potterverse. I'm amazed at everything they thought of! Not surprised though, since J.K. Rowling, herself, was completely submerged in the development of the theme park. I wonder what it feels like for her to have the creation from her own imagination become real... (Man, she is awesome! I'm so glad she's so creative!)



I can't even make sense right now. I'm just watching clip after clip and reading articles and looking at pictures. I'm obsessed. I mean, duh. I'm in love with Harry Potter everything, so of course I'm obsessed with his world becoming real! That's only natural, right? I'm not crazy... (BTW, if you've never read them, you are not allowed to answer that question. :P )

WHY AM I NOT THERE RIGHT NOW!?!? 

I hardly even know who I am anymore. Am I even a fan? Seriously, this is unacceptable. Absolutely inconceivable.

Are you freaking out alongside me? Are you a proud muggle who is dying to learn some magic? Want to plan a trip to Orlando, FL with me?? Let's do this!!

PS. If you could not understand 25% of the words in this post, run to the nearest library or book store and pick up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, stat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nerd

Elaine said...

How long until you make a trip to Florida? Something tells me it won't be long!

Rachael said...

Mindy, I am totally with you 100%!! I cannot wait to go to Harry Potter world!! KJ would rather claw his eyes out, haha! You will have to tell me about it if you go :)

Anonymous said...

Can I go with you? ~JessB

Related Posts with Thumbnails