Friday, February 25, 2011

Over Construction

Our office has been under construction for the past few months, but we are now officially over construction. Hallelujah! This is what my area looked like in 2010 (and for many, many years prior).


Then, once construction started, it looked like this. I basically had to work in the heart of a massive construction zone for a long time. Luckily, I only sustained one minor injury when I tripped over some scaffolding and tore my jeans as I skinned my knee. Really, my pride took nearly as big of a bruising as my poor patella. Shame, shame.


After my old desk was removed, I spent a few weeks working from a temporary desk that was hanging out in the middle of nowhere. In the midst of a very limited work space and an excessive amount of exposed cords and wires, I was able to show off some flowers that my daddy sent me in order to make the chaotic office seem a little bit more homey! Thanks, Dad!


But now look at it! Instead of having to walk through two doors and a small closet to settle into my tiny area, I can now just walk right on back to my easily accessible, giant workspace! Talk about the luxury! (However, I'm noticing that other people also have found easy access behind my desk and are taking the liberty upon themselves to come on back as they desire. That's definitely gunna take some getting used to.)


Furthermore, check out my living room the lobby! I'm totally digging the new furniture and artwork. But most of all, I love the super convenient refreshment station for our clients! Before, I'd have to walk all the way to the kitchen in the back to get them a cup of coffee, bottle of water, or soft drink. But with this handy dandy area, they can help themselves to a drink and can even make a single cup of coffee. Convenient, indeed!


We're definitely not completely finished. We still need to put our sign up on the wall behind my desk and cabinet doors on my shelves, get a coffee table, a couple lamps, some plants, and artwork on another (unfeatured in this post) wall. But I'm just glad to officially be over construction. The accessorizing stage is a very welcome, calmer portion of the remodeling process. Finally. It feels so nice to be settling in.

However, I'm not going to lie. I'm already terribly missing the freedom to wear jeans to work. Oh well. I guess it's a fair tradeoff that was bound to happen.

1 comment:

Jamie Frankum said...

I bet that is a relief to have the office back in order. :) It does look great and I'm glad they put a little refreshment area up front. Shooooot!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails