Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Card Decor

Throughout Christmastime, I've thoroughly enjoyed receiving bunches of Christmas cards from people I love. Each day I'd check the mail, get all excited to see a non-bill waiting for me, then immediately cram tape it onto the the door leading to our garage where it could be prominently displayed in our dining room. Every time Brad came home from work, he automatically checked the door for any new additions to the card-shrine-of-friends.


I have loved the extra card decor warming our home, and am not at all anxious to view a lifeless, bare door again (not to mention getting boring ol' mail, either). Each of the cards is a little message of love from many of our favorite people in the world blessings from Above. They're all so cute, sweet, funny, personalized, and creative that I wish I could provide you with a close up shot of each one of them in detail. But that would be crazy.


Instead, I'll just show you ours. If I failed to personally mail you our Christmas card this year, please accept my apologies and accept this digital one as your very own Christmas message specially from us.


What do you do with the Christmas cards you receive (in real life) at your house? Do you somehow display them throughout the Christmas season? Then what do you do with them afterwards? I just can't bear to throw them out.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, I have totally been enjoying all the Christmas cards coming in lately - especially the photo cards! And why take them down?? Sasha and Jared leave theirs up on the fridge throughout the year. I am thinking of doing the same. Then - before the influx of cards next year, take the older ones down and keep 'em in a box to add to each year. Or an album?? Hmmm...I am getting ideas...I love going back through old Christmas cards -so no way do I ever get rid of the photo ones!

Kimberly Washer said...

very cute card!! I have to admit I'm one of those that throws them away, but the more I think about it I need to start keeping them. We didn't get nearly as many this year since we are in Malaysia, but we cherished the ones we did get!!

Amy Tilt said...

We usually display them on top of our piano. Grandma Scrimshire used to tape them to the door by the garage. I think she didn't like to get rid of them either because they always ended up in a stack in the toy box.(along with hairspray caps and vitiman bottles:P) We used to play with them all the time. I wonder if Brad and Matthew remember? Jeremy may have been too little.

Related Posts with Thumbnails