Friday, December 31, 2010

Good-Bye 2010! Hello 2011!

[pic via]
While I'm in no way glad to see Christmastime come to an end, I am very happy to say good-bye to 2010. This past year has been a pretty rough one for me, and for Brad, and for me and Brad. A lot has been going on behind the scenes of this blog that I've never really gotten into publicly. And even though we've always been Beyond Blessed and God has never once, not for even a second, left us hanging, it's still been a pretty rough one for us.

Maybe it's because we're getting older. Maybe it's because we've been married longer. Maybe it's because we have to be more grown-up and responsible now. Maybe it's because our choices are having more drastic and lasting consequences. Maybe it's because the  more you love, the more it hurts when it hurts. Whatever the reason, we've definitely had to reach out and cling to the Lord, His Word, His promises, His forgiveness, His grace, His mercy, His comfort, and His hope more than either of us have ever had to at any other point in our lives.

The hard times make the good times considerably better. The redemption from mistakes and failures easily make salvation that much sweeter (if that's even possible). The dependence on Someone much bigger and better than ourselves helps keep life in perspective. It all leads to much needed growth, albeit painful growth. I'm not one for asking why "bad things happen to good people," because I don't believe any person is truly good, let alone myself. Besides, who am I to expect an easy life when the Son of God Himself was persecuted and executed?

But, just because I make every attempt to be continually positive and thankful for His stability and to not throw myself a pity party when life turns out harder than I had ever envisioned, that doesn't mean I'm not more than ready to holler "Adios!" to a year that has been full of challenges, hurt and pain.

So, while I generally enjoy the "fresh start" of every new year, I revel in saying good-bye to 2010 and hello to 2011 even more than usual. Sometimes a new beginning is exactly what the soul needs. And that's what 2011 is; a new beginning. I'm just glad I'm not walking it alone.

Are you excited to start again? Has 2010 been a year full of both blessings and difficulties for you? It's never to late to make any changes you've been needing to ("New Years Resolutions," if you will). You and I can both take comfort in knowing that as we enter into the new year, God will never, ever leave our side.

Praise God, for He is good!

1 comment:

emily said...

i love you! :) 2011...here we come!

Related Posts with Thumbnails